Here are just a few:
1. Readers--Kindle and iBooks (to keep your mind engaged)
2. Email Marketing--Constant Contact (to check your email marketing stats)
3. Documents--Dropbox (to share docs back and forth over your computer,your iPad and with your team)
4. Voice to Print Recording--Dragon (to capture ideas and speak them into print)
5. Voice Recording--Audio Acrobat (to capture voice recordings on the fly)
6. Content Creation--Notes (like an endless legal pad)
7. Content Creation--Noteshelf (can make different notebooks for different areas of focus--way cool!!!)
8. Time Management--Pomodoro (set the timer for 25 minutes and get things done!!)
9. Reminder and Checklist--There are a bunch of reminder lists so just search in the app store search and find the one that best suits your needs.
10. Mindless/Gotta take 5 and come up for air app--Angry Birds (to decompress and chill at the end of the day--FUN!!)
BONUS: Pandora!!! Endless stream of songs at your fingertips!
This is truly a drop in the vast sea of apps! There are tons of cool, free apps and the thing is to find those that best suit your needs,work approach and style, etc. So just go with the flow, trial and error, download and use or delete and find another app that you like better.
Like my son, Ryan, who works at Apple, said to me when I first got my iPad--"Mom, it's so intuitive--you'll figure it out." That was a over a year ago and I've never had so much fun with technology or made so much progress with such off-the-charts productivity.
Hope this helps as you fire up your iPad and become UNSTOPPABLE!!